Second teen charged with Somerford Grove murder of Tashaûn Aird, 15, and GBH attack on second victim
- Credit: Archant
A second teenager has been charged with the murder of 15-year-old Tashaûn Aird in Stoke Newington.
The 16-year-old boy will appear at Stratford Youth Court today accused of killing the Hackney New School pupil in Somerford Grove.
He is also charged with GBH with intent in relation to a second victim who was also stabbed that night, possession of an offensive weapon and possession of cannabis.
A 15-year-old boy was also arrested today on suspicion of murder and grievous bodily harm with intent.
He has been taken a police station in east London where he remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Romaine Williams-Reid, 18, of Erith Crescent, Romford was charged on May 6 with murder and grievous bodily harm, and will next appear at the Old Bailey on July 25.
Police were called at 8.55pm on May 1 after Tashaûn had been stabbed in the lung. Officers and then medics fought to save his life, as members of the public had already done, but he was pronounced dead just before 10pm.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
Anyone with information can call the incident room on 020 8721 4266.