Serving officer and Redbridge and Stratford men charged with conspiracy to acquire criminal property
- Credit: PA WIRE
A serving police officer is among five people including men from Redbridge and Stratford to be charged with conspiracy to criminally acquire cash.
Between January 1 and July 8 the group are charged with conspiring together and with others to acquire criminal property, namely cash.
Serving officer Pc Kashif Mahmood, 31, of Central East BCU, which covers Hackney and Tower Hamlets, was charged with conspiracy to acquire criminal property, contrary to section 1(1) of the Criminal Law Act 1977.
Moshin Khan, 35, of Babbacombe Gardens, Redbridge, Shazad Khan, 32, also of Babbacombe Gardens, Shabaz Khan, 32, of Lime Grove, Hainault and Ioan Ghergel, 33, of Stratford were all charged with conspiracy to acquire criminal property.
Shabaz Khan was also charged with possession of criminal property and possession of cannabis, a class B drug, with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
The five men are due to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today (Wednesday, July 8).
The charges follow an investigation by the Directorate of Professional Standards’ anti-corruption command.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 8 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 9 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift