Seven arrested in dawn raids targeting drug dealing on Woodberry Down Estate
- Credit: MPS
Police arrested seven people on suspicion of drug offences after carrying out dawn raids on the Woodberry Down Estate and in Stamford Hill.
The males aged 17 to 22 were all held on suspicion of conspiracy to supply class A drugs. The warrants were executed on Wednesday morning as part of Operation Continuum, which was originally launched in Tower Hamlets to crack down on drug dealing and is a collaboration between police, councils and housing associations.
Last month 20 warrants were carried out in Mile End, with 14 people arrested and class A drugs seized.
Det Insp Sean Lyons, from the gangs unit in Hackney and Tower Hamlets, said: “Just over a month ago, officers working on Operation Continuum arrested 16 people for drug supply offences across Tower Hamlets.
“We will continue to bear down on those who are dealing drugs in Central East and prosecute anyone involved.”
You may also want to watch:
To support vulnerable individuals with substance misuse issues who may be affected by this morning’s warrants, Hackney Council have been working together with outreach workers in the area to help individuals access support services and listen to any local concerns.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 4 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 7 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 8 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 9 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 10 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped