Sex parties organiser must repay £15,000 he made from orgies
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A businessman who raked in more than £130,000 by hiring porn stars and hookers for “sex parties” held in Hackney Wick must repay £15,000 or face nine months in jail.
Patrick Stewart, 44, hosted orgies featuring a bondage area, “porn room” with a wide-screen television and double beds for couples to watch each other have sex and swap partners.
Stewart set up two brothels in Fairfield Road, Bow, and Fun Times in a unit in Queens Yard, White Post Lane, Hackney Wick, in 2007 before recruiting punters Russell Staddon, 55, and Shahid Latif, 37, as “foot soldiers” to run weekly parties.
Southwark Crown Court heard that Staddon and Latif also had sex with the women, who were from South America, Eastern Europe and Britain, as a “perk” of their job.
The orgies were advertised online as “gentlemen’s parties” where the women – all willing participants – were paid £150 for four hours’ work.
You may also want to watch:
In September 2012 undercover police swooped on both addresses, finding 19 clients and numerous scantily-clad women.
On Monday, Stewart was ordered to repay £15,000 within six months during a confiscation hearing at Southwark Crown Court.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 9 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 10 Days left to register to vote in May elections
The prosecution is not pursuing confiscation proceedings against Staddon or Latif, who were given suspended jail sentences last August.
At the time, Stewart was handed a 14-month sentence suspended for two years and told to complete 200 hours of unpaid work and pay £750 court costs.
Stewart, of Portsmouth; Staddon, of Stevenage, and Latif, of Walthamstow, all admitted conspiracy to control prostitution for gain and money laundering.
Staddon also pleaded guilty to possessing extreme pornography.