Sex parties organiser must repay £15,000 he made from orgies
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A businessman who raked in more than £130,000 by hiring porn stars and hookers for “sex parties” held in Hackney Wick must repay £15,000 or face nine months in jail.
Patrick Stewart, 44, hosted orgies featuring a bondage area, “porn room” with a wide-screen television and double beds for couples to watch each other have sex and swap partners.
Stewart set up two brothels in Fairfield Road, Bow, and Fun Times in a unit in Queens Yard, White Post Lane, Hackney Wick, in 2007 before recruiting punters Russell Staddon, 55, and Shahid Latif, 37, as “foot soldiers” to run weekly parties.
Southwark Crown Court heard that Staddon and Latif also had sex with the women, who were from South America, Eastern Europe and Britain, as a “perk” of their job.
The orgies were advertised online as “gentlemen’s parties” where the women – all willing participants – were paid £150 for four hours’ work.
You may also want to watch:
In September 2012 undercover police swooped on both addresses, finding 19 clients and numerous scantily-clad women.
On Monday, Stewart was ordered to repay £15,000 within six months during a confiscation hearing at Southwark Crown Court.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
The prosecution is not pursuing confiscation proceedings against Staddon or Latif, who were given suspended jail sentences last August.
At the time, Stewart was handed a 14-month sentence suspended for two years and told to complete 200 hours of unpaid work and pay £750 court costs.
Stewart, of Portsmouth; Staddon, of Stevenage, and Latif, of Walthamstow, all admitted conspiracy to control prostitution for gain and money laundering.
Staddon also pleaded guilty to possessing extreme pornography.