Sex pest preyed on young boys: Police appeal for more victims
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for any more victims of paedophile David Dutoit to come forward, now he has been put behind bars for six years.
The 58-year-old computer skills tutor who preyed on vulnerable teenage boys, was employed in Hackney and Tower Hamlets between 2005 and 2014 teaching skills to unemployed teenagers who are not in education or training.
But the offences he’s been jailed for go back several years before.
Dutoit appeared at Blackfriars Crown Court last month where he admitted sexually abusing three youngsters more than 15 years ago.
He was sentenced on August 7 after pleading guilty to charges of gross indecency with a child, indecent assault on a child, sexual assault and possessing indecent images of children.
You may also want to watch:
The offences involved three teenage boys who were abused, separately, over a period from 1998.
Detectives from the Met’s Sexual Offences and Child Abuse Command are now appealing to anyone else who believes they were one of his victims to contact them.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
“It’s highly likely that Dutoit may have tried to abuse others,” Det Con Klementina Balint said.
“He is a serial offender who took advantage of vulnerable young males and abused them.
“The victims we know about put their faith in the police to investigate their claims – we hope they feel some form of justice.”
Offences came to light in April after one victim told a friend, who urged him to go to the police.
Dutoit used to take the youngster on outings and sexually abused him when they were alone. Further investigations uncovered two more victims – one under 16 at the time who was molested when staying the night at Dutoit’s flat at Heylyn Square, Bow, between 1998 and 2000.
The other, who was 17 or 18, met Dutoit through a course set up to train unemployed youngsters in computer skills. Dutoit took him to a pub after the course and bought him drinks. They had arranged to stay in separate rooms at a B&B hotel – but the teenager woke to find Dutoit sexually abusing him.