Shocking Shoreditch road rage fury captured on film
- Credit: Archant
Footage depicting a shocking incident of road rage between two drivers in Shoreditch shows one of them appearing to get rammed by a BMW sports car.
The incident which was filmed in Curtain Road during broad daylight at 5pm on Thursday April 9 and then uploaded onto video-sharing website YouTube captures a disagreement between a shirtless man and a driver of a white BMW.
Both men can be heard swearing at each other as traffic builds up on both sides of the road and several passers-by step in attempting to diffuse the situation.
The man in the road picks up his shirt and puts it back and tries to hit the BMW driver through his window, but is pulled away.
He then returns to confront the driver who revs up his engine and appears to accelerate into the man and crashing into the side of a white Mercedes at a stand still in the other direction.
You may also want to watch:
It is not clear what the men are arguing about.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said they were called to the scene at 5pm.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
He continued: “At some point during the altercation, one of the men left the scene in his car and in doing so collided with two pedestrians and two other vehicles.
”The pedestrians struck by the vehicle were not seriously injured.”
The driver of the vehicle, a 25-year-old man from Camden, was taken to an east London hospital as a precaution, but was not seriously injured.
He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm and released on bail until April 29.