Shopkeeper in Lower Clapton store Palm 2 attacked with crowbar by masked thugs
- Credit: Archant
Two masked thugs were caught on camera savagely attacking a Lower Clapton shopkeeper with a crowbar while trying to rob his store.
The victim, 28, was closing up popular international greengrocers Palm 2 in Lower Clapton Road when the two men forced their way in. They grabbed him and demanded he opened the shop’s ATM but when he couldn’t they smashed him repeatedly over the head and on the kneecaps with a crowbar.
The savage attack lasted 10 minutes and the thugs left empty handed. But the shopkeeper was taken to hospital with a fractured cheekbone, broken finger and cuts and bruises.
Det Insp Paul Ridley, from Hackney CID, said: “This was a particularly savage attack with an unnecessary and sustained level of violence resulting in significant injuries to the victim.
“Although the two males have their faces partially covered, I am convinced that somebody will be able to recognise them from this footage and I would urge them to contact me or a member of my team.
You may also want to watch:
“It is vitally important we find these men in order to prevent them from carrying out further violence against other potential victims.”
Anyone who recognises the men, or was in the area at the time of the attack, can contact Hackney CID on 101, or by tweeting @MetCC.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org.