Shopkeeper in Lower Clapton store Palm 2 attacked with crowbar by masked thugs
- Credit: Archant
Two masked thugs were caught on camera savagely attacking a Lower Clapton shopkeeper with a crowbar while trying to rob his store.
The victim, 28, was closing up popular international greengrocers Palm 2 in Lower Clapton Road when the two men forced their way in. They grabbed him and demanded he opened the shop’s ATM but when he couldn’t they smashed him repeatedly over the head and on the kneecaps with a crowbar.
The savage attack lasted 10 minutes and the thugs left empty handed. But the shopkeeper was taken to hospital with a fractured cheekbone, broken finger and cuts and bruises.
Det Insp Paul Ridley, from Hackney CID, said: “This was a particularly savage attack with an unnecessary and sustained level of violence resulting in significant injuries to the victim.
“Although the two males have their faces partially covered, I am convinced that somebody will be able to recognise them from this footage and I would urge them to contact me or a member of my team.
You may also want to watch:
“It is vitally important we find these men in order to prevent them from carrying out further violence against other potential victims.”
Anyone who recognises the men, or was in the area at the time of the attack, can contact Hackney CID on 101, or by tweeting @MetCC.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org.