Hoxton flats death: Murder investigation launched after man found dead
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man in his 20s was found dead in a block of flats in Hoxton.
Police were called by medics to the Cranston Estate at 12.40pm yesterday.
A 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody.
The victim’s next of kin have been told. Murder police, led by Det Ch Insp Sam Price, are investigating the chain of events leading up to his death.
It is the second murder investigation launched in Hackney in the space of 24 hours. A one-year-old boy died in the early hours of yesterday morning after being found critically injured in a Finsbury Park flat. A one-year-old girl, believed to be his twin sister, is in critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Last night 33-year-old Bidhya Sagar Das, believed to be the children’s father, was arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 0208 721 4054 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 1111.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses