Hoxton flats death: Murder investigation launched after man found dead
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man in his 20s was found dead in a block of flats in Hoxton.
Police were called by medics to the Cranston Estate at 12.40pm yesterday.
A 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody.
The victim’s next of kin have been told. Murder police, led by Det Ch Insp Sam Price, are investigating the chain of events leading up to his death.
It is the second murder investigation launched in Hackney in the space of 24 hours. A one-year-old boy died in the early hours of yesterday morning after being found critically injured in a Finsbury Park flat. A one-year-old girl, believed to be his twin sister, is in critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Last night 33-year-old Bidhya Sagar Das, believed to be the children’s father, was arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 0208 721 4054 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 1111.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition