Hoxton flats death: Murder investigation launched after man found dead
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man in his 20s was found dead in a block of flats in Hoxton.
Police were called by medics to the Cranston Estate at 12.40pm yesterday.
A 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody.
The victim’s next of kin have been told. Murder police, led by Det Ch Insp Sam Price, are investigating the chain of events leading up to his death.
It is the second murder investigation launched in Hackney in the space of 24 hours. A one-year-old boy died in the early hours of yesterday morning after being found critically injured in a Finsbury Park flat. A one-year-old girl, believed to be his twin sister, is in critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Last night 33-year-old Bidhya Sagar Das, believed to be the children’s father, was arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 0208 721 4054 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 1111.
- 1 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 The "milkmen for beer" now deliver in Hackney
- 9 Met Office yellow warning for rain in London this weekend
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop