Hoxton flats death: Murder investigation launched after man found dead
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man in his 20s was found dead in a block of flats in Hoxton.
Police were called by medics to the Cranston Estate at 12.40pm yesterday.
A 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody.
The victim’s next of kin have been told. Murder police, led by Det Ch Insp Sam Price, are investigating the chain of events leading up to his death.
It is the second murder investigation launched in Hackney in the space of 24 hours. A one-year-old boy died in the early hours of yesterday morning after being found critically injured in a Finsbury Park flat. A one-year-old girl, believed to be his twin sister, is in critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Last night 33-year-old Bidhya Sagar Das, believed to be the children’s father, was arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 0208 721 4054 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 1111.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside