Shoreditch Park sex attack - police appeal for information one year on
Nearly one year on from a brutal sex attack in Shoreditch Park - in which one woman was raped while her friend was sexually assaulted - police have renewed their appeal to catch the two men responsible.
Detectives have issued another appeal for information, along with this e-fit of one of the suspects, as they hunt the pair for the attack that happened on Sunday, May 22, between 1.50am and 2.20am.
The women had entered the park from Pitfield Street, by the Britannia Leisure Centre, when they were approached by two men who asked for directions to an off licence before attacking them and leaving the scene, in an unknown direction.
The first suspect is described as Mediterranean in appearance, in his late 20s, 6ft tall, with a heavy build and short cropped hair. He was wearing light jeans and white trainers.
Police have released an e-fit of the second suspect, who also appeared to be Mediterranean. He was aged around 22, had a slim build, with dark eyes, a tanned complexion, and black spiky straight hair.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing black shoes, dark jeans and a dark jacket with a white picture on one side.
Officers from the Hackney’s Sapphire Unit are investigating, and anyone with information should call Det Sgt Michael Reay on 020 7275 3491, quoting reference CR4613469/11, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 9 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared