Shots fired at restaurant in Broadway Market
Diners were forced to dive for cover after a gunman fired two shots through the window of a Turkish restaurant in Broadway Market last night (Sunday, August 19).
Nobody was injured in the shooting, which happened at the Solche restaurant, near the junction with Regents Row, at about 9pm.
Detectives from the Trident gangs command unit are investigating.
Witnesses have been reported as saying a lone gunman welding a handgun approached the restaurant from the canal and ran away after firing through the window.
A Met spokeswoman said two shell casing were found at the scene and added: “At this early stage, detectives retain an open mind as to the motive to this incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Det Sgt Jolley on 0208 217 7355 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 2 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 3 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 4 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 6 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers