Shots fired at restaurant in Broadway Market
Diners were forced to dive for cover after a gunman fired two shots through the window of a Turkish restaurant in Broadway Market last night (Sunday, August 19).
Nobody was injured in the shooting, which happened at the Solche restaurant, near the junction with Regents Row, at about 9pm.
Detectives from the Trident gangs command unit are investigating.
Witnesses have been reported as saying a lone gunman welding a handgun approached the restaurant from the canal and ran away after firing through the window.
A Met spokeswoman said two shell casing were found at the scene and added: “At this early stage, detectives retain an open mind as to the motive to this incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Det Sgt Jolley on 0208 217 7355 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 "Horrific" extent of River Lea plastic pollution at Hackney Marshes
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school