Shots fired at restaurant in Broadway Market
Diners were forced to dive for cover after a gunman fired two shots through the window of a Turkish restaurant in Broadway Market last night (Sunday, August 19).
Nobody was injured in the shooting, which happened at the Solche restaurant, near the junction with Regents Row, at about 9pm.
Detectives from the Trident gangs command unit are investigating.
Witnesses have been reported as saying a lone gunman welding a handgun approached the restaurant from the canal and ran away after firing through the window.
A Met spokeswoman said two shell casing were found at the scene and added: “At this early stage, detectives retain an open mind as to the motive to this incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Det Sgt Jolley on 0208 217 7355 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back