‘Silly’ Hackney father admits damaging £100k Aston Martin outside Tesco
- Credit: Archant
A ‘silly’ vandal who was filmed scraping his keys along the bodywork of a £100,000 Aston Martin is facing jail after admitting criminal damage.
Gary Brissett, 48, was with his 13-month-old baby when he caused nearly £8,000 damage by brazenly attacking the flash car while owner Oliver Hall popped into the shops.
Horrified Mr Hall returned moments later to discover a long scratch mark down the full length of the passenger side of his flash motor.
But the whole incident was captured in high-quality footage by the luxury vehicle’s dash cam, which was viewed by millions after it went viral online.
The shocking video shows Brissett stop in front of the V8 Vanquish, parked in Tesco car park in Morning Lane, before rummaging around in his pockets.
You may also want to watch:
After he finds his keys, Brissett pulls the cover down on the baby’s pushchair and slowly approaches the vehicle.
With the keys in his left hand, Brissett grimaces as he drags them down the complete side of the car, ruining the Aston’s paint job.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
The vandal was easily identified from the footage and soon arrested after police released the video to the media.
Brissett of Glebelands, Clissold Road, Stoke Newington, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Friday and entered a guilty plea to a charge of causing £7,741.28 damage.
Magistrate Carol Brabender told him: “You are a single father with a 13-month-old little baby and at that age they start to copy you.
“You have got to be a lot more proactive with your child.
“You are looking at a prison sentence. Who is going to look after your child, social services? What a stupid thing to do.”
Asked if he wanted to say anything, an ashamed looking Brissett shook his head.
The magistrate continued her lecture, adding: “You’re silly, aren’t you? A man of your age too.”
He will be sentenced on September 19.