‘Sinister’ Jack Daniels Shoreditch attack
- Credit: Archant
A thug who struck an innocent member of the public in the face with a Jack Daniels bottle, knocking him unconscious in a “sinister” attack has been jailed for four years.
Shihab Osmani, 29 of Thorngrove Road, Upton Park, struck the 28-year old victim just before 2.30am on Saturday June 29 2013 in Curtain Road, Shoreditch.
Members of the public helped the man until the London Ambulance Service arrived and a friend of the victim assisted police in identifying the suspect who was arrested at the scene.
Osmani was found guilty of wounding with intent and possession of a weapon at Wood Green Crown Court and sentenced to four years imprisonment on Friday February 28.
Det Const Zoe Jelliman from the Hackney violent crime unit said: “This was a sinister attack on an innocent member of the public who sustained serious injuries to his face.
You may also want to watch:
“After a week’s trial Mr Osmani was found guilty and the four year sentence reflects the circumstances of this crime and the dangerousness of the offender.”
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 6 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 7 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 8 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors