‘Sinister’ Jack Daniels Shoreditch attack
- Credit: Archant
A thug who struck an innocent member of the public in the face with a Jack Daniels bottle, knocking him unconscious in a “sinister” attack has been jailed for four years.
Shihab Osmani, 29 of Thorngrove Road, Upton Park, struck the 28-year old victim just before 2.30am on Saturday June 29 2013 in Curtain Road, Shoreditch.
Members of the public helped the man until the London Ambulance Service arrived and a friend of the victim assisted police in identifying the suspect who was arrested at the scene.
Osmani was found guilty of wounding with intent and possession of a weapon at Wood Green Crown Court and sentenced to four years imprisonment on Friday February 28.
Det Const Zoe Jelliman from the Hackney violent crime unit said: “This was a sinister attack on an innocent member of the public who sustained serious injuries to his face.
You may also want to watch:
“After a week’s trial Mr Osmani was found guilty and the four year sentence reflects the circumstances of this crime and the dangerousness of the offender.”
- 1 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 2 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney