‘Sinister’ Jack Daniels Shoreditch attack
- Credit: Archant
A thug who struck an innocent member of the public in the face with a Jack Daniels bottle, knocking him unconscious in a “sinister” attack has been jailed for four years.
Shihab Osmani, 29 of Thorngrove Road, Upton Park, struck the 28-year old victim just before 2.30am on Saturday June 29 2013 in Curtain Road, Shoreditch.
Members of the public helped the man until the London Ambulance Service arrived and a friend of the victim assisted police in identifying the suspect who was arrested at the scene.
Osmani was found guilty of wounding with intent and possession of a weapon at Wood Green Crown Court and sentenced to four years imprisonment on Friday February 28.
Det Const Zoe Jelliman from the Hackney violent crime unit said: “This was a sinister attack on an innocent member of the public who sustained serious injuries to his face.
You may also want to watch:
“After a week’s trial Mr Osmani was found guilty and the four year sentence reflects the circumstances of this crime and the dangerousness of the offender.”
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers