Six arrested after early morning raids in Hackney
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Three knives and a quantity of Class A and B drugs have been seized following early morning raids in Hackney.
An investigation, involving officers from the Central East Gangs Unit, Central East Violence Suppression Unit and Territorial Support Group (TSG), was set up after an incident in Broadway Market on July 30.
A series of early morning warrants were executed on August 20 at residential addresses across Hackney.
Six men, aged between 14 and 24, were arrested on suspicion of a range of offences including attempted murder, violent disorder, possession of offensive weapons and possession with intent to supply Class A and Class B drugs.
The men remain in custody.
Det Sgt Andy Rice, of the Central East Gangs Unit, said community intelligence is “crucial” and urged the public to come forward with any information they may have.
Anyone with information can contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC.
Alternatively, anyone with information can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, or Fearless at www.fearless.org/en/give-info.
- 1 Jailed: 'Evil' Dalston rapist who tried to flee country by Eurostar
- 2 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 3 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 4 MP Meg Hillier urges people to book boosters amid Omicron spread
- 5 Free Movember 'shave down' at Hackney salon
- 6 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 7 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 8 A fan of brussels sprouts? Then you'll love this Hoxton restaurant
- 9 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
Both reporting services are independent charities and are 100 per cent anonymous. They never ask your name and cannot trace your call, IP address or the device you use.