Six arrested after early morning raids in Hackney
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Three knives and a quantity of Class A and B drugs have been seized following early morning raids in Hackney.
An investigation, involving officers from the Central East Gangs Unit, Central East Violence Suppression Unit and Territorial Support Group (TSG), was set up after an incident in Broadway Market on July 30.
A series of early morning warrants were executed on August 20 at residential addresses across Hackney.
Six men, aged between 14 and 24, were arrested on suspicion of a range of offences including attempted murder, violent disorder, possession of offensive weapons and possession with intent to supply Class A and Class B drugs.
The men remain in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Andy Rice, of the Central East Gangs Unit, said community intelligence is “crucial” and urged the public to come forward with any information they may have.
Anyone with information can contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC.
Alternatively, anyone with information can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, or Fearless at www.fearless.org/en/give-info.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
Both reporting services are independent charities and are 100 per cent anonymous. They never ask your name and cannot trace your call, IP address or the device you use.