Six arrested after early morning raids in Hackney
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Three knives and a quantity of Class A and B drugs have been seized following early morning raids in Hackney.
An investigation, involving officers from the Central East Gangs Unit, Central East Violence Suppression Unit and Territorial Support Group (TSG), was set up after an incident in Broadway Market on July 30.
A series of early morning warrants were executed on August 20 at residential addresses across Hackney.
Six men, aged between 14 and 24, were arrested on suspicion of a range of offences including attempted murder, violent disorder, possession of offensive weapons and possession with intent to supply Class A and Class B drugs.
The men remain in custody.
Det Sgt Andy Rice, of the Central East Gangs Unit, said community intelligence is “crucial” and urged the public to come forward with any information they may have.
Anyone with information can contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC.
Alternatively, anyone with information can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, or Fearless at www.fearless.org/en/give-info.
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 10 ace tunes for this year's All Points East
- 3 Hackney brain tumour patient mum raises money for hospice
- 4 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 5 Police appeal for witnesses after Finsbury Park stabbing
- 6 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 7 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 8 Rival bosses bemoan ref justice as Tottenham snatch dramatic draw at Chelsea
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 Jailed: Man who used car as a 'weapon' to evade arrest
Both reporting services are independent charities and are 100 per cent anonymous. They never ask your name and cannot trace your call, IP address or the device you use.