£25k of luxury watches recovered as Stamford Hill man charged
- Credit: PA
A Stamford Hill man has been charged with burglary after police recovered more than £25,000 worth of luxury watches.
Joe Tomlinson was remanded into custody on Friday - April 1 - to next appear at St Albans Crown Court on May 3.
The 37-year-old was charged in connection with a burglary in Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire last Wednesday (March 30).
Police were called around 5.30pm that day after a property in Saffron Crescent had reportedly been broken into sometime within the past hour.
No suspects were there when police arrived but officers identified a vehicle of interest by reviewing nearby CCTV footage.
The car was then tracked into London where Hertfordshire officers began to carry out a search, with help from the National Police Air Service and the Metropolitan Police.
This led to a man being arrested and an address being searched, resulting in a number of watches being recovered.
- 1 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 2 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 3 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 5 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 6 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 7 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 8 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 9 Man dies after being found on fire in Stoke Newington
- 10 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
PC Jon Trainor, from Hertfordshire Constabulary's mobile scorpion team, said: "Footage from a doorbell camera proved key in this investigation and I would advise people to consider installing a system of their own.
"Just a small snippet of footage could be the key to progressing a case and deterring further criminality."