Stamford Hill rave: Police hit with missiles when trying to shut down huge block party
- Credit: Archant
Riot police were pelted with missiles last night as they attempted to shut down a huge rave in Stamford Hill.
Hackney officers had warned people to stay away from the block party in Malvern House after it was widely advertised on social media, but about 400 people flocked to the area.
Footage shows objects being thrown at police as they tried to put a stop to the party at about 8.45pm.
They had confiscated the sound system which was set up in the street, but retreated when they came under attack and the party continued until the early hours.
Some neighbours said the party was good-natured, but it turned ugly after police confiscated the sound system and attempted to shut it down, with some injured by the missiles thrown at them.
No arrests were made at the rave, which Scotland Yard said had no link to a similar event in Hyde Park that saw three people stabbed.
It came just two nights after a rave in nearby Millfields Park, which drew about 400 youngsters and was allowed to go ahead despite dozens of complaints from neighbours to Hackney Council and police.
- 1 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 2 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 4 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 5 Architecture review: 'Contemporary Hackney and revolutionary Russia?'
- 6 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 7 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 8 Firefighter retires after cancer diagnosis
- 9 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 10 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
A full story on both will be in tomorrow’s Gazette.
Were you at either party? If so, email email@example.com.