Stamford Hill rave: Police hit with missiles when trying to shut down huge block party
- Credit: Archant
Riot police were pelted with missiles last night as they attempted to shut down a huge rave in Stamford Hill.
Hackney officers had warned people to stay away from the block party in Malvern House after it was widely advertised on social media, but about 400 people flocked to the area.
Footage shows objects being thrown at police as they tried to put a stop to the party at about 8.45pm.
They had confiscated the sound system which was set up in the street, but retreated when they came under attack and the party continued until the early hours.
Some neighbours said the party was good-natured, but it turned ugly after police confiscated the sound system and attempted to shut it down, with some injured by the missiles thrown at them.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests were made at the rave, which Scotland Yard said had no link to a similar event in Hyde Park that saw three people stabbed.
It came just two nights after a rave in nearby Millfields Park, which drew about 400 youngsters and was allowed to go ahead despite dozens of complaints from neighbours to Hackney Council and police.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
A full story on both will be in tomorrow’s Gazette.
Were you at either party? If so, email firstname.lastname@example.org.