Ravensdale Road: Lorry driver sparks security alert by dumping container in street ‘because it is too large’
- Credit: Archant
Police shut a Stamford Hill road after a lorry driver apparently dumped a massive shipping container in the middle of the street near a synagogue and drove off.
Ravensdale Road was closed an hour ago so cops could make sure the container was not suspicious. They were also pictured checking underneath nearby vehicles.
But they gave the all-clear after the sheepish driver returned to the “Dong Fang” lorry.
He had left the corrugated iron box there temporarily because his lorry load of two containers was too long for him to safely drive round a bend.
A spokesman for volunteer neighbourhood watch group Shomrim told the Gazette the driver had apparently planned to take one container at a time around the corner.
You may also want to watch:
“The police were about to put in a 400m cordon in place and evacuate all local residents,” he added.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack