Stoke Newington betting shop staff threatened
- Credit: Archant
Betting shop staff in Stoke Newington were threatened by a man who told them he had a gun.
Police were called to William Hill in Dunsmure Road, at around 7.30pm on Saturday following reports of an armed robbery.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed a man threatened staff at the bookmakers and said he had a gun.
However, no weapon was seen or found.
Police also said the man acted alone and left after threatening cashiers in the William Hill shop.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and enquries are ongoing.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000