Stoke Newington betting shop staff threatened
- Credit: Archant
Betting shop staff in Stoke Newington were threatened by a man who told them he had a gun.
Police were called to William Hill in Dunsmure Road, at around 7.30pm on Saturday following reports of an armed robbery.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed a man threatened staff at the bookmakers and said he had a gun.
However, no weapon was seen or found.
Police also said the man acted alone and left after threatening cashiers in the William Hill shop.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and enquries are ongoing.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities