Stoke Newington betting shop staff threatened
- Credit: Archant
Betting shop staff in Stoke Newington were threatened by a man who told them he had a gun.
Police were called to William Hill in Dunsmure Road, at around 7.30pm on Saturday following reports of an armed robbery.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed a man threatened staff at the bookmakers and said he had a gun.
However, no weapon was seen or found.
Police also said the man acted alone and left after threatening cashiers in the William Hill shop.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and enquries are ongoing.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 10 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian