Stoke Newington betting shop staff threatened
- Credit: Archant
Betting shop staff in Stoke Newington were threatened by a man who told them he had a gun.
Police were called to William Hill in Dunsmure Road, at around 7.30pm on Saturday following reports of an armed robbery.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed a man threatened staff at the bookmakers and said he had a gun.
However, no weapon was seen or found.
Police also said the man acted alone and left after threatening cashiers in the William Hill shop.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and enquries are ongoing.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 7 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting