Stoke Newington chicken shop eyeball stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Three thugs stabbed a 15-year-old gang rival through the eyeball after chasing him into Chicken Klub in Shacklewell Lane, Stoke Newington.
Corey White, 23, Ruben Loufimpou, 22, and Yahaya Ibrahim Usmen, 24, repeatedly knifed Carlon Smith inside Chicken Klub in Shacklewell Lane, Stoke Newington.
One stab wound went through the back of the teenager’s head and exited through the top of his mouth while the other pierced his eyeball.
Mr Smith also suffered a punctured lung and he is now completely blind in one eye, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
The three were cleared of attempted murder but convicted of grievous bodily harm with intent after a two-week trial, during which Mr Smith refused to give evidence for the prosecution.
You may also want to watch:
Jailing White, of Banner House, Roscoe Street, Shoreditch, for 16 years, Judge Simon Wilkinson said: “You’ve been convicted on what I regard as overwhelming evidence, and you’ve expressed no sympathy for the injuries to your victim and deny your responsibility for causing them.”
Sentencing Usmen, of no fixed abode, to 16 years – who was studying for a qualification in oil and gas management at the time of the attack after spending several years working for his family’s cosmetics business in Nigeria – Judge Wilkinson said: “It’s clear from the CCTV footage that you led this attack and you have shown no real remorse.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 6 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 7 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
“However, I take into account that you are still a young man and capable of making something of your life should you choose to absent yourself from gangs.”
Jailing Loufimpou, of no fixed abode for 12 years, Judge Wilkinson said: “You chose to join in this group attack, but I accept that of the three
you were the last to arrive on the scene, although it has to be said you were the last to leave it.”