Stoke Newington chicken shop shooting: Gang police investigating after shotgun attack in packed takeaway
- Credit: Archant
Gang police are investigating a shooting in a packed Stoke Newington fast food joint on Saturday night that has left one man in hospital with serious injuries.
Two thugs kicked in the door of the Stoke Newington Road takeaway just before 1.20am and fired a shotgun before getting on their bikes and cycling off.
The victim, a man in his 20s, had left before police arrived and was found in Camden an hour later. He is still in hospital but Scotland Yard said his injuries were not life-threatening.
The Met’s gang unit Trident is conducting the probe and are said to have an “open mind” about the motive of the shooting.
No arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the shooting or has information should call Operation Trident by dialling 101, via @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images