Stoke Newington chicken shop shooting: Gang police investigating after shotgun attack in packed takeaway
- Credit: Archant
Gang police are investigating a shooting in a packed Stoke Newington fast food joint on Saturday night that has left one man in hospital with serious injuries.
Two thugs kicked in the door of the Stoke Newington Road takeaway just before 1.20am and fired a shotgun before getting on their bikes and cycling off.
The victim, a man in his 20s, had left before police arrived and was found in Camden an hour later. He is still in hospital but Scotland Yard said his injuries were not life-threatening.
The Met’s gang unit Trident is conducting the probe and are said to have an “open mind” about the motive of the shooting.
No arrests have been made.
Anyone who witnessed the shooting or has information should call Operation Trident by dialling 101, via @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Catastrophic consequences': Thousands of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 2 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 8 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 9 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 10 Hackney leaders warn of long-term funding crisis