Stoke Newington chicken shop shooting: Gang police investigating after shotgun attack in packed takeaway
- Credit: Archant
Gang police are investigating a shooting in a packed Stoke Newington fast food joint on Saturday night that has left one man in hospital with serious injuries.
Two thugs kicked in the door of the Stoke Newington Road takeaway just before 1.20am and fired a shotgun before getting on their bikes and cycling off.
The victim, a man in his 20s, had left before police arrived and was found in Camden an hour later. He is still in hospital but Scotland Yard said his injuries were not life-threatening.
The Met’s gang unit Trident is conducting the probe and are said to have an “open mind” about the motive of the shooting.
No arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the shooting or has information should call Operation Trident by dialling 101, via @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop