Stoke Newington chicken shop shooting: Gang police investigating after shotgun attack in packed takeaway
- Credit: Archant
Gang police are investigating a shooting in a packed Stoke Newington fast food joint on Saturday night that has left one man in hospital with serious injuries.
Two thugs kicked in the door of the Stoke Newington Road takeaway just before 1.20am and fired a shotgun before getting on their bikes and cycling off.
The victim, a man in his 20s, had left before police arrived and was found in Camden an hour later. He is still in hospital but Scotland Yard said his injuries were not life-threatening.
The Met’s gang unit Trident is conducting the probe and are said to have an “open mind” about the motive of the shooting.
No arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the shooting or has information should call Operation Trident by dialling 101, via @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 10 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside