Stoke Newington chicken shop shooting: Gang police investigating after shotgun attack in packed takeaway
- Credit: Archant
Gang police are investigating a shooting in a packed Stoke Newington fast food joint on Saturday night that has left one man in hospital with serious injuries.
Two thugs kicked in the door of the Stoke Newington Road takeaway just before 1.20am and fired a shotgun before getting on their bikes and cycling off.
The victim, a man in his 20s, had left before police arrived and was found in Camden an hour later. He is still in hospital but Scotland Yard said his injuries were not life-threatening.
The Met’s gang unit Trident is conducting the probe and are said to have an “open mind” about the motive of the shooting.
No arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the shooting or has information should call Operation Trident by dialling 101, via @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art