Man stabbed in Stoke Newington Church Street
- Credit: Archant
Police have closed Stoke Newington Church Street and surrounding roads after a stabbing this afternoon.
Emergency services were called to the scene, near Abney Park Cemetery, at about 1.40pm.
The air ambulance also attended and the victim was taken to hospital. A Scotland Yard spokesman said his injuries were not yet known.
One witness tweeted that it was a fight and said police were “very quick” and arrived within five minutes.
“I came out of a shop,” he said, “and there were three men flighting in the road blocking traffic, [and] people shouting.
You may also want to watch:
“They were wrestling on the floor in the middle of the road. Looked like one got stabbed and the other two ran off. Victim was lying in the road and onlookers helped him off the road.”
Church Street and surrounding roads have been closed while officers investigate.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 4 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 5 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
One person has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.