Man stabbed in Stoke Newington Church Street
- Credit: Archant
Police have closed Stoke Newington Church Street and surrounding roads after a stabbing this afternoon.
Emergency services were called to the scene, near Abney Park Cemetery, at about 1.40pm.
The air ambulance also attended and the victim was taken to hospital. A Scotland Yard spokesman said his injuries were not yet known.
One witness tweeted that it was a fight and said police were “very quick” and arrived within five minutes.
“I came out of a shop,” he said, “and there were three men flighting in the road blocking traffic, [and] people shouting.
You may also want to watch:
“They were wrestling on the floor in the middle of the road. Looked like one got stabbed and the other two ran off. Victim was lying in the road and onlookers helped him off the road.”
Church Street and surrounding roads have been closed while officers investigate.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
One person has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.