Man stabbed in Stoke Newington Church Street
- Credit: Archant
Police have closed Stoke Newington Church Street and surrounding roads after a stabbing this afternoon.
Emergency services were called to the scene, near Abney Park Cemetery, at about 1.40pm.
The air ambulance also attended and the victim was taken to hospital. A Scotland Yard spokesman said his injuries were not yet known.
One witness tweeted that it was a fight and said police were “very quick” and arrived within five minutes.
“I came out of a shop,” he said, “and there were three men flighting in the road blocking traffic, [and] people shouting.
You may also want to watch:
“They were wrestling on the floor in the middle of the road. Looked like one got stabbed and the other two ran off. Victim was lying in the road and onlookers helped him off the road.”
Church Street and surrounding roads have been closed while officers investigate.
- 1 Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- 2 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 3 Election 2021: Hackney by-election results revealed
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 6 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 7 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 8 Teenagers shot and stabbed in Hackney
- 9 'Arrested for being on my balcony', a young black man speaks out
- 10 £20,000 reward for information on Stoke Newington murder
One person has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.