Man stabbed in Stoke Newington Church Street
- Credit: Archant
Police have closed Stoke Newington Church Street and surrounding roads after a stabbing this afternoon.
Emergency services were called to the scene, near Abney Park Cemetery, at about 1.40pm.
The air ambulance also attended and the victim was taken to hospital. A Scotland Yard spokesman said his injuries were not yet known.
One witness tweeted that it was a fight and said police were “very quick” and arrived within five minutes.
“I came out of a shop,” he said, “and there were three men flighting in the road blocking traffic, [and] people shouting.
“They were wrestling on the floor in the middle of the road. Looked like one got stabbed and the other two ran off. Victim was lying in the road and onlookers helped him off the road.”
Church Street and surrounding roads have been closed while officers investigate.
- 1 Guilty: Man lured 2 young girls into garage and sexually abused them
- 2 Patrick Anzy: Three men jailed following Gillett Square murder
- 3 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 4 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 5 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 6 Hackney woman in court over 'chasing down' BBC journalist at lockdown rally
- 7 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 8 Police launch probe into Stamford Hill flat blaze
- 9 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 10 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
One person has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.