Stoke Newington gang stabbing appeal: Attack outside The Bagel House left man with life-threatening heart injuries
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to come forward after a man was stabbed in the chest by a gang outside a busy bagel shop in Stoke Newington, leaving him with life-threatening heart injuries.
The 27-year-old man was stabbed, then pushed to the ground and kicked outside The Bagel House in Stoke Newington High Street on Sunday March 19 at 5.30am.
According to Scotland Yard he was left lying “for dead” in the street, but managed to get up and cycle around the corner to Amhurst Road where he collapsed.
A passer-by administered first aid before police on routine patrol pulled over.
The victim was rushed to hospital where he underwent emergency surgery for life-threatening injuries to his heart.
You may also want to watch:
A 26-year-old man was charged on July 28 in connection with the incident, but detectives are calling on witnesses to come forward to help identify and trace other suspects.
Det Const Imran Hansraj, from Hackney’s violent crime unit, said: “There were a number of people both inside and outside the Bagel Shop at the time of the incident who would have witnessed the stabbing, including a number of cars that were travelling from Manse Road into Stoke Newington Road.
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 9 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
“We would urge anyone who saw the attack, or the events before or after it, to contact us as soon as possible. A man has been charged in this investigation but we are still keen to speak to those who witnessed the attack.”
Witnesses or anyone with information should call DC Hansraj on 07825 793 215 or 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.