Stoke Newington murder: Man, 34, dies after stabbing in Shakspeare Walk
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was stabbed in a Stoke Newington street attack yesterday evening.
Police and medics were called to Shakspeare Walk just before 5.50pm and took the 34-year-old victim to hospital, where he died at 11.45pm.
Officers are now working to tell his next of kin.
The Met’s homicide and major crime command has been called and Browning House on the Milton Gardens Estate is this morning taped off while officers investigate.
No arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Paul Considine, who is leading the investigation, said: “Our initial enquiries have established that the victim was attacked by a group outside Burns House in Shakspeare Walk and work continues to establish what the motive was behind this assault.
“I am appealing to anyone who was in the area of Shakspeare Walk around the time of the incident to contact police and provide us with any information that could assist this investigation.”
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
Anyone with information can contact the incident room on 020 8345 3734 or tweet information via @MetCC.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.