Stoke Newington murder: Man, 34, dies after stabbing in Shakspeare Walk
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was stabbed in a Stoke Newington street attack yesterday evening.
Police and medics were called to Shakspeare Walk just before 5.50pm and took the 34-year-old victim to hospital, where he died at 11.45pm.
Officers are now working to tell his next of kin.
The Met’s homicide and major crime command has been called and Browning House on the Milton Gardens Estate is this morning taped off while officers investigate.
No arrests have been made.
Det Insp Paul Considine, who is leading the investigation, said: “Our initial enquiries have established that the victim was attacked by a group outside Burns House in Shakspeare Walk and work continues to establish what the motive was behind this assault.
“I am appealing to anyone who was in the area of Shakspeare Walk around the time of the incident to contact police and provide us with any information that could assist this investigation.”
- 1 Kids join police as 20 speed tickets given out
- 2 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 3 Demolition begins to make way for Hoxton homes
- 4 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 5 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 6 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 7 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 8 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 9 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 10 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
Anyone with information can contact the incident room on 020 8345 3734 or tweet information via @MetCC.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.