Stoke Newington murder victim named as police launch fresh appeal for information
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man who died after being stabbed in Stoke Newington on Monday has been named and a fresh appeal for information has been launched.
Police were called just after 11.30am to Marton Road where they found Antonio Rodney Cole, believed to be of Colvestone Crescent, Dalston, suffering from stab wounds in his car.
He was taken to an east London hospital, but was later pronounced dead.
It is understood that he was talking to two men at the junction of Oldfield Road and Ayrsome Road shortly before driving north to Marton Road.
Det Ch Insp Andy Chalmers, who is leading the investigation, said: “He was stabbed three times. He died of a stab wound to his leg. We think the stabbing took place at the junction of Oldfield Road and Ayrsome Road where two people were speaking to the victim. We have very little description except that the two men made off along Ayrsome Road, maybe in a car. We are keen for anyone who has seen anything in that area to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s too early to say what the motive was.”
Call police 0208 358 0100 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London