Call 999 immediately if you spot escaped Stoke Newington murderer Ahmet Gomulu, warn cops
- Credit: police
The public has been warned to call 999 immediately if they spot a convicted murderer from Stoke Newington who has escaped from prison.
Ahmet Gomulu, 30, was last seen at HM Prison Springhill in Aylesbury at midnight on Sunday where he is serving a life sentence.
He is known to frequent Stoke Newington and Southend in Essex.
Gomulu stabbed 16-year-old Nassirudeen Osawe through the heart in Islington in December 2007.
At his trial the Old Bailey heard Gomulu attacked Nassirudeen and his friends because he thought they were “staring at him”.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Peter Beaumont said the killing was “in response to a wholly imagined slight”.
Investigating officer Pc Arron Wroe, from Thames Valley Police, said: “If you see Gomulu, do not approach him, but call 999 immediately.”
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
Thames Valley Police were unable to say how Gomulu escaped from prison, and referred the Gazette to HMP Springhill.
Gomulu is described as having a southern European appearance, approximately 5ft 10ins tall with short black hair and dark stubble or goatee beard.
He is around 10 stone and of medium build, and speaks with an English accent.
He is believed to have absconded wearing black Nike trainers, blue Nike tracksuit bottoms and a blue Nike sweatshirt.
Anyone who knows his whereabouts or who believes that they have seen him should 101, quoting reference number 43180360525.