Stoke Newington police counter to relocate for three months
- Credit: PA WIRE
Stoke Newington residents will need to travel three miles to their nearest police access point when the area's police station shuts for refurbishment.
The counter will be relocated to Shoreditch Police Station and the refurbishment work to modernise the facility should around three months.
The front counter at Stoke Newington Police Station will close at 2pm on May 21 and open at Shoreditch Police Station at the same time to ensure no gap in services to the public.
The temporary Shoreditch counter will be open 24/7.
Hackney Commander Marcus Barnett said: “Our top priority is ensuring members of the public can access the help they need and there are a range of ways for the public to contact the police."
To contact police visit www.met.police.uk, or phone 101 or 999 in the case of an emergency.
Contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 2 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 3 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours: Hackney man's vital vaccine work honoured
- 6 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 7 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 8 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 9 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney flat block damaged as 25 firefighters respond to barbecue blaze