Stoke Newington police counter to relocate for three months
- Credit: PA WIRE
Stoke Newington residents will need to travel three miles to their nearest police access point when the area's police station shuts for refurbishment.
The counter will be relocated to Shoreditch Police Station and the refurbishment work to modernise the facility should around three months.
The front counter at Stoke Newington Police Station will close at 2pm on May 21 and open at Shoreditch Police Station at the same time to ensure no gap in services to the public.
The temporary Shoreditch counter will be open 24/7.
Hackney Commander Marcus Barnett said: “Our top priority is ensuring members of the public can access the help they need and there are a range of ways for the public to contact the police."
To contact police visit www.met.police.uk, or phone 101 or 999 in the case of an emergency.
Contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 3 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 4 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 5 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 6 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Mosaic unveiled at near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 10 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef