Stoke Newington robberies: Man charged with string of attacks targeting victims as young as 14
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A man has appeared in front of magistrates charged with 10 robberies or attempted robberies in Stoke Newington targeting victims as young as 14.
Marvin Robert Melvin-Browne, of no fixed address, is accused of stealing from seven children, including two 14-year-olds at Rectory Road Overground station.
He has been remanded in custody to appear at Wood Green Crown Court on March 6.
The full list of charges he faces are:
– Robbing a boy, 17, in Evering Road, Stoke Newington, between October 20 and November 10.
You may also want to watch:
– Robbing two boys, aged 14 and 16, at Rectory Road Overground station on January 7.
– Robbing a man, 41, in Jenner Road, Stoke Newington on January 9.
- 1 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 4 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 7 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 8 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 9 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
– Robbing two boys, aged 14 and 17, at Rectory Road Overground station on January 13.
– The attempted robbery of a boy, 17, in Jenner Road, Stoke Newington on January 15.
– The attempted robbery of a man, 23, in Kynaston Road, Stoke Newington on January 17.
– The attempted robbery of a man, 32, in Bethnal Road, Stoke Newington on January 18.
– Robbing a boy, 17, in Evering Road, Stoke Newington on January 19.
– Robbing a man, 34, in Hackney Downs Park on January 19.
– The attempted robbery of a man, 18, in Stoke Newington High Street on January 21.
Det Insp Paul Ridley told the Gazette police were still appealing for witnesses or anyone else who has been robbed in the area to call them on 101 or by tweeting @MetCCC and quoting “Operation Ashton”.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.