Woman suffers facial injury in Stoke Newington robbery
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A woman suffered a facial cut during a robbery in Stoke Newington this morning.
The Met Police and London Ambulance Service were called to Stoke Newington Church Street at about 8.15am after an incident.
Scotland Yard said a woman had suffered a “facial injury” in the course of a robbery in which her phone was stolen.
The victim was treated at the scene and then taken to hospital.
A nearby witness, who would prefer to remain anonymous, said: “I was walking my son to school and a flurry of police cars swept past, and I said ‘something must have happened.’”
You may also want to watch:
She said she saw a young woman with blood on her face sitting in one of three police cars.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images