Woman suffers facial injury in Stoke Newington robbery
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A woman suffered a facial cut during a robbery in Stoke Newington this morning.
The Met Police and London Ambulance Service were called to Stoke Newington Church Street at about 8.15am after an incident.
Scotland Yard said a woman had suffered a “facial injury” in the course of a robbery in which her phone was stolen.
The victim was treated at the scene and then taken to hospital.
A nearby witness, who would prefer to remain anonymous, said: “I was walking my son to school and a flurry of police cars swept past, and I said ‘something must have happened.’”
You may also want to watch:
She said she saw a young woman with blood on her face sitting in one of three police cars.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction