Woman suffers facial injury in Stoke Newington robbery
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A woman suffered a facial cut during a robbery in Stoke Newington this morning.
The Met Police and London Ambulance Service were called to Stoke Newington Church Street at about 8.15am after an incident.
Scotland Yard said a woman had suffered a “facial injury” in the course of a robbery in which her phone was stolen.
The victim was treated at the scene and then taken to hospital.
A nearby witness, who would prefer to remain anonymous, said: “I was walking my son to school and a flurry of police cars swept past, and I said ‘something must have happened.’”
You may also want to watch:
She said she saw a young woman with blood on her face sitting in one of three police cars.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 6 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Man who punched pregnant woman in Stamford Hill convicted
- 9 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate