Stoke Newington stabbing leaves woman, 27, with multiple injuries
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old woman is in hospital with multiple stab wounds after an attack in Stoke Newington yesterday.
Police were this morning hunting her attacker, who struck near the junction of Rectory Road and Evering Road.
A 243 bus driver is believed to have jumped out of his cab and called 999 after seeing the woman lying in the road in the early hours.
She was at first said to be critically injured, but her condition is no longer thought to be life-threatening, Scotland Yard said. The road is still taped off.
“Police were called at 3.26am on Sunday,” said a spokesman. “Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and found a 27-year-old woman with multiple stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
“She was taken to an east London hospital.”
No one has been arrested over the stabbing.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 5 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 8 How you can get free pizza at a Hoxton restaurant
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
Anyone with information can call police on 101.