Stoke Newington stabbing leaves woman, 27, with multiple injuries
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old woman is in hospital with multiple stab wounds after an attack in Stoke Newington yesterday.
Police were this morning hunting her attacker, who struck near the junction of Rectory Road and Evering Road.
A 243 bus driver is believed to have jumped out of his cab and called 999 after seeing the woman lying in the road in the early hours.
She was at first said to be critically injured, but her condition is no longer thought to be life-threatening, Scotland Yard said. The road is still taped off.
“Police were called at 3.26am on Sunday,” said a spokesman. “Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and found a 27-year-old woman with multiple stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
“She was taken to an east London hospital.”
No one has been arrested over the stabbing.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 9 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
Anyone with information can call police on 101.