Sweaty Hackney Wick FC home kits stolen from car boot
- Credit: Archant
Someone, somewhere, has 15 or so sweaty, smelly football kits belonging to Hackney Wick FC.
A bag containing all of the non-league club’s home strips was stolen from the boot of manager Bobby Kasanga’s car at the junction of Andre Street and Anton Street near Hackney Downs on Saturday night.
Bobby, who takes on the less than glamorous job of washing the team’s kits every week, had left them in the car overnight following their 2-1 defeat to Clapton FC, pictured, at the Old Spotted Dog Ground.
Bobby said: “It’s a bit disappointing, really. It’s expensive. The sponsors got our home and away kits and they cost £2,400. Running a club is enough hard work already so for someone to go and do that is disappointing.
“They were sweaty kits as well, dirty kits. They can’t be used now anyway because it’s all over social media. Luckily another company [Kit Out London] has offered to replace them for us, but if anyone sees them they can get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
Call police on 101 with info.
- 1 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 4 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 5 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 6 Trick or Eat returns to help Hackney Foodbank
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 9 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 10 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney