Sweaty Hackney Wick FC home kits stolen from car boot
- Credit: Archant
Someone, somewhere, has 15 or so sweaty, smelly football kits belonging to Hackney Wick FC.
A bag containing all of the non-league club’s home strips was stolen from the boot of manager Bobby Kasanga’s car at the junction of Andre Street and Anton Street near Hackney Downs on Saturday night.
Bobby, who takes on the less than glamorous job of washing the team’s kits every week, had left them in the car overnight following their 2-1 defeat to Clapton FC, pictured, at the Old Spotted Dog Ground.
Bobby said: “It’s a bit disappointing, really. It’s expensive. The sponsors got our home and away kits and they cost £2,400. Running a club is enough hard work already so for someone to go and do that is disappointing.
“They were sweaty kits as well, dirty kits. They can’t be used now anyway because it’s all over social media. Luckily another company [Kit Out London] has offered to replace them for us, but if anyone sees them they can get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
Call police on 101 with info.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 10 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways