Teen denies carrying out Hackney and Islington acid attacks
- Credit: PA
A 16-year-old boy has denied carrying out a spate of moped acid attacks in less than 90 minutes in Hackney and Islington.
The teenager allegedly targeted six victims, all men on bikes, spraying them in the face with a noxious liquid.
He is charged with 13 offences in connection with the incidents on Thursday night, all of which he denies.
The defendant, who cannot be named because of his age, wore a grey tracksuit and spoke only to confirm his details and enter pleas at the Stratford Youth Court hearing yesterday afternoon.
He is charged with grievous bodily harm with intent, possession of a weapon designed to discharge a noxious liquid, two counts of robbery, four counts of attempted robbery and five counts of attempted grievous bodily harm with intent.
He also faces another charge of robbery of a moped on June 25 in a separate incident, which he also denies.
The boy, from Croydon, was accompanied by his sister in court.
- 1 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 2 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 3 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 4 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 5 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 6 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 7 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 8 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
- 9 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
- 10 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
He was remanded in custody and ordered to appear at Wood Green Crown Court on August 14.
Reporting by Press Association