Teen denies carrying out Hackney and Islington acid attacks
- Credit: PA
A 16-year-old boy has denied carrying out a spate of moped acid attacks in less than 90 minutes in Hackney and Islington.
The teenager allegedly targeted six victims, all men on bikes, spraying them in the face with a noxious liquid.
He is charged with 13 offences in connection with the incidents on Thursday night, all of which he denies.
The defendant, who cannot be named because of his age, wore a grey tracksuit and spoke only to confirm his details and enter pleas at the Stratford Youth Court hearing yesterday afternoon.
He is charged with grievous bodily harm with intent, possession of a weapon designed to discharge a noxious liquid, two counts of robbery, four counts of attempted robbery and five counts of attempted grievous bodily harm with intent.
You may also want to watch:
He also faces another charge of robbery of a moped on June 25 in a separate incident, which he also denies.
The boy, from Croydon, was accompanied by his sister in court.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 5 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
He was remanded in custody and ordered to appear at Wood Green Crown Court on August 14.
Reporting by Press Association