Teen stabbed after party on Hoxton’s Colville Estate
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was stabbed in the chest after a party at a community centre in Hoxton late last night.
The 18-year-old had been at a large celebration at the Colville Estate community centre before he was knifed just before 11.15pm. Police were called by the London Ambulance Service to Hemsworth Street, off Pitfield Street, and the victim was taken to hospital. Scotland Yard described his condition as “serious but stable”.
No arrests have been made and police are appealing for partygoers to come forward with information about the attacker.
Det Sgt Lauren Brady who is leading the investigation said: “A young man has suffered serious injuries and an investigation in underway to identify the person responsible.
“At this early stage, we understand the victim had attended a large party prior to the attack and we know there were a lot of people in the area at the time of the incident who may have witnessed what happened. I would urge anyone with any information to get in touch as quickly as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting CAD 8496/30March or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man