Teen stabbed after party on Hoxton’s Colville Estate
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was stabbed in the chest after a party at a community centre in Hoxton late last night.
The 18-year-old had been at a large celebration at the Colville Estate community centre before he was knifed just before 11.15pm. Police were called by the London Ambulance Service to Hemsworth Street, off Pitfield Street, and the victim was taken to hospital. Scotland Yard described his condition as “serious but stable”.
No arrests have been made and police are appealing for partygoers to come forward with information about the attacker.
Det Sgt Lauren Brady who is leading the investigation said: “A young man has suffered serious injuries and an investigation in underway to identify the person responsible.
“At this early stage, we understand the victim had attended a large party prior to the attack and we know there were a lot of people in the area at the time of the incident who may have witnessed what happened. I would urge anyone with any information to get in touch as quickly as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting CAD 8496/30March or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 5 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 6 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 9 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home