Teenage boy, 17, stabbed to death in Hoxton
- Credit: Archant
A murder hunt has been launched after a teenage boy was stabbed to death in Hoxton last night.
Police were called to the St John’s Estate on Pitfield Street, where they found the 17-year-old victim suffering from knife wounds at around 11.15pm.
Paramedics attended the scene but he was pronounced dead at 11.47pm.
Detectives investigating the murder believe they know the victim’s identity and are currently tracing his next of kin.
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Partridge, who is leading the murder hunt, is appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “A young man has lost his life in a brutal manner and I am appealing to anyone who was in the area last night and witnessed this attack to come forward and speak to police.”
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8358 0300 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
No arrest have been made.