Teenage boy, 17, stabbed to death in Hoxton
- Credit: Archant
A murder hunt has been launched after a teenage boy was stabbed to death in Hoxton last night.
Police were called to the St John’s Estate on Pitfield Street, where they found the 17-year-old victim suffering from knife wounds at around 11.15pm.
Paramedics attended the scene but he was pronounced dead at 11.47pm.
Detectives investigating the murder believe they know the victim’s identity and are currently tracing his next of kin.
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Partridge, who is leading the murder hunt, is appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.
He said: “A young man has lost his life in a brutal manner and I am appealing to anyone who was in the area last night and witnessed this attack to come forward and speak to police.”
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8358 0300 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed: 'Evil' Dalston rapist who tried to flee country by Eurostar
- 2 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 3 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 4 MP Meg Hillier urges people to book boosters amid Omicron spread
- 5 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 6 Free Movember 'shave down' at Hackney salon
- 7 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 8 A fan of brussels sprouts? Then you'll love this Hoxton restaurant
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 10 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
No arrest have been made.