Teenager accused of stabbing Lamarni Hylton-Reid in Homerton pleads not guilty
- Credit: Archant
A teenager accused of stabbing a 20-year-old man to death in Homerton has pleaded not guilty.
The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, stands accused of killing Lamarni Hylton-Reid in Homerton High Street on August 21 this year.
Mr Hylton-Reid, of Warwick Grove, Clapton, was found suffering from a stab wound shortly after 5pm.
He was taken to an East London hospital but died from his injuries later that evening.
This morning at a plea and case management hearing at the Old Bailey, the 17-year-old boy pleaded not guilty via video link from a young offender’s institution.
You may also want to watch:
A trial has been set for February 10.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers