Teenager accused of stabbing Lamarni Hylton-Reid in Homerton pleads not guilty
- Credit: Archant
A teenager accused of stabbing a 20-year-old man to death in Homerton has pleaded not guilty.
The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, stands accused of killing Lamarni Hylton-Reid in Homerton High Street on August 21 this year.
Mr Hylton-Reid, of Warwick Grove, Clapton, was found suffering from a stab wound shortly after 5pm.
He was taken to an East London hospital but died from his injuries later that evening.
This morning at a plea and case management hearing at the Old Bailey, the 17-year-old boy pleaded not guilty via video link from a young offender’s institution.
You may also want to watch:
A trial has been set for February 10.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space