Teenager sixth suspect on murder charge over Gulistan Subasi killing
ANOTHER teenager and a man have appeared in court charged with murder after a young Turkish mum was gunned down on the doorstep of her family’s home in Homerton.
A 16-year-old schoolboy who cannot be named for legal reasons was arrested along with Leigh Bryan, 25, of no fixed address, on Friday morning (September 24) in connection with the killing of Gulistan Subasi.
Ms Subasi died after she was shot in the chest at close range as she answered the door of her mother’s flat, in an alleyway off Kingsmead Way, at about 8.30pm on March 22.
She had been visiting family in Britain to celebrate her six-year-old son’s birthday after moving to Turkey following a split from her husband in 2006. She was due to return home a few days later.
The schoolboy and Mr Bryan take the number of people charged with murder over the Ms Subasi’s death to six.
You may also want to watch:
A 15-year-old-boy appeared at Hendon Youth Court on 13 April and Isaak Billy, 24, of North Kensington, west London, appeared at Hendon magistrates’ on April 21 charged with murder.
Mr Billy is also charged with one count of making threats to kill.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 8 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
Serdar Ozbek, 28, of Haringey, north London and Paul Nicoloau, 28, of Haringey, were remanded in custody when they appeared at Hendon magistrates’ court on murder charges on September 16.
The two most recent suspects were remanded in custody at Brent Magistrates Court on Saturday (September 25) and are due to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow (September 28).