Teenager sixth suspect on murder charge over Gulistan Subasi killing
ANOTHER teenager and a man have appeared in court charged with murder after a young Turkish mum was gunned down on the doorstep of her family’s home in Homerton.
A 16-year-old schoolboy who cannot be named for legal reasons was arrested along with Leigh Bryan, 25, of no fixed address, on Friday morning (September 24) in connection with the killing of Gulistan Subasi.
Ms Subasi died after she was shot in the chest at close range as she answered the door of her mother’s flat, in an alleyway off Kingsmead Way, at about 8.30pm on March 22.
She had been visiting family in Britain to celebrate her six-year-old son’s birthday after moving to Turkey following a split from her husband in 2006. She was due to return home a few days later.
The schoolboy and Mr Bryan take the number of people charged with murder over the Ms Subasi’s death to six.
You may also want to watch:
A 15-year-old-boy appeared at Hendon Youth Court on 13 April and Isaak Billy, 24, of North Kensington, west London, appeared at Hendon magistrates’ on April 21 charged with murder.
Mr Billy is also charged with one count of making threats to kill.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 8 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
Serdar Ozbek, 28, of Haringey, north London and Paul Nicoloau, 28, of Haringey, were remanded in custody when they appeared at Hendon magistrates’ court on murder charges on September 16.
The two most recent suspects were remanded in custody at Brent Magistrates Court on Saturday (September 25) and are due to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow (September 28).