Teenager sixth suspect on murder charge over Gulistan Subasi killing
ANOTHER teenager and a man have appeared in court charged with murder after a young Turkish mum was gunned down on the doorstep of her family’s home in Homerton.
A 16-year-old schoolboy who cannot be named for legal reasons was arrested along with Leigh Bryan, 25, of no fixed address, on Friday morning (September 24) in connection with the killing of Gulistan Subasi.
Ms Subasi died after she was shot in the chest at close range as she answered the door of her mother’s flat, in an alleyway off Kingsmead Way, at about 8.30pm on March 22.
She had been visiting family in Britain to celebrate her six-year-old son’s birthday after moving to Turkey following a split from her husband in 2006. She was due to return home a few days later.
The schoolboy and Mr Bryan take the number of people charged with murder over the Ms Subasi’s death to six.
You may also want to watch:
A 15-year-old-boy appeared at Hendon Youth Court on 13 April and Isaak Billy, 24, of North Kensington, west London, appeared at Hendon magistrates’ on April 21 charged with murder.
Mr Billy is also charged with one count of making threats to kill.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
Serdar Ozbek, 28, of Haringey, north London and Paul Nicoloau, 28, of Haringey, were remanded in custody when they appeared at Hendon magistrates’ court on murder charges on September 16.
The two most recent suspects were remanded in custody at Brent Magistrates Court on Saturday (September 25) and are due to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow (September 28).