Teenager sixth suspect on murder charge over Gulistan Subasi killing
ANOTHER teenager and a man have appeared in court charged with murder after a young Turkish mum was gunned down on the doorstep of her family’s home in Homerton.
A 16-year-old schoolboy who cannot be named for legal reasons was arrested along with Leigh Bryan, 25, of no fixed address, on Friday morning (September 24) in connection with the killing of Gulistan Subasi.
Ms Subasi died after she was shot in the chest at close range as she answered the door of her mother’s flat, in an alleyway off Kingsmead Way, at about 8.30pm on March 22.
She had been visiting family in Britain to celebrate her six-year-old son’s birthday after moving to Turkey following a split from her husband in 2006. She was due to return home a few days later.
The schoolboy and Mr Bryan take the number of people charged with murder over the Ms Subasi’s death to six.
A 15-year-old-boy appeared at Hendon Youth Court on 13 April and Isaak Billy, 24, of North Kensington, west London, appeared at Hendon magistrates’ on April 21 charged with murder.
Mr Billy is also charged with one count of making threats to kill.
- 1 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 2 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 3 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 4 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 5 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 6 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 7 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 8 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
- 9 Men jailed after firing 13 shots at people in children's park
- 10 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
Serdar Ozbek, 28, of Haringey, north London and Paul Nicoloau, 28, of Haringey, were remanded in custody when they appeared at Hendon magistrates’ court on murder charges on September 16.
The two most recent suspects were remanded in custody at Brent Magistrates Court on Saturday (September 25) and are due to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow (September 28).