Teenager stabbed at the end of Field Day Festival on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy was stabbed outside Victoria Park on Saturday as people were pouring out of the Field Day festival.
The 15-year-old was knifed near the gates to Royal Inn on the Park on Lauriston Road.
Police and the London Ambulance Service (LAS) were called to the scene at 11.31pm. London Air Ambulance also attended.
The Hackney teenager was taken to hospital following the incident and is said to be in a non-life threatening condition.
A spokesman for LAS said: “We treated one patient. He was taken as a priority to hospital escorted by a doctor from the London Air Ambulance service.”
You may also want to watch:
A local resident said he had heard two loud bangs before the incident and the area was cordoned off until the following morning.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 9 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 10 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
Detectives from Trident are investigating.
They do not believe the incident to be related to the Field Day festival.