Teenager stabbed at the end of Field Day Festival on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy was stabbed outside Victoria Park on Saturday as people were pouring out of the Field Day festival.
The 15-year-old was knifed near the gates to Royal Inn on the Park on Lauriston Road.
Police and the London Ambulance Service (LAS) were called to the scene at 11.31pm. London Air Ambulance also attended.
The Hackney teenager was taken to hospital following the incident and is said to be in a non-life threatening condition.
A spokesman for LAS said: “We treated one patient. He was taken as a priority to hospital escorted by a doctor from the London Air Ambulance service.”
You may also want to watch:
A local resident said he had heard two loud bangs before the incident and the area was cordoned off until the following morning.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
Detectives from Trident are investigating.
They do not believe the incident to be related to the Field Day festival.