Teenager stabbed at the end of Field Day Festival on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy was stabbed outside Victoria Park on Saturday as people were pouring out of the Field Day festival.
The 15-year-old was knifed near the gates to Royal Inn on the Park on Lauriston Road.
Police and the London Ambulance Service (LAS) were called to the scene at 11.31pm. London Air Ambulance also attended.
The Hackney teenager was taken to hospital following the incident and is said to be in a non-life threatening condition.
A spokesman for LAS said: “We treated one patient. He was taken as a priority to hospital escorted by a doctor from the London Air Ambulance service.”
You may also want to watch:
A local resident said he had heard two loud bangs before the incident and the area was cordoned off until the following morning.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
Detectives from Trident are investigating.
They do not believe the incident to be related to the Field Day festival.