Teenager stabbed at the end of Field Day Festival on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy was stabbed outside Victoria Park on Saturday as people were pouring out of the Field Day festival.
The 15-year-old was knifed near the gates to Royal Inn on the Park on Lauriston Road.
Police and the London Ambulance Service (LAS) were called to the scene at 11.31pm. London Air Ambulance also attended.
The Hackney teenager was taken to hospital following the incident and is said to be in a non-life threatening condition.
A spokesman for LAS said: “We treated one patient. He was taken as a priority to hospital escorted by a doctor from the London Air Ambulance service.”
A local resident said he had heard two loud bangs before the incident and the area was cordoned off until the following morning.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 2 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 4 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 5 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 6 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 7 The three strikes and protests hitting Hackney this week
- 8 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 9 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 10 Man dies after being found on fire in Stoke Newington
Detectives from Trident are investigating.
They do not believe the incident to be related to the Field Day festival.