Teenager stabbed at the end of Field Day Festival on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy was stabbed outside Victoria Park on Saturday as people were pouring out of the Field Day festival.
The 15-year-old was knifed near the gates to Royal Inn on the Park on Lauriston Road.
Police and the London Ambulance Service (LAS) were called to the scene at 11.31pm. London Air Ambulance also attended.
The Hackney teenager was taken to hospital following the incident and is said to be in a non-life threatening condition.
A spokesman for LAS said: “We treated one patient. He was taken as a priority to hospital escorted by a doctor from the London Air Ambulance service.”
You may also want to watch:
A local resident said he had heard two loud bangs before the incident and the area was cordoned off until the following morning.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 10 Hackney CEO to retire after 40 years in local government
Detectives from Trident are investigating.
They do not believe the incident to be related to the Field Day festival.