Terrorist suspect from Hackney released on bail
- Credit: Archant
A terrorism suspect arrested at an address in Hackney yesterday has been bailed by police.
Officers detained the 21-year-old at around 6am at an unknown location in the borough.
He was arrested on suspicion of assisting another to commit acts of terrorism, or to engage in any conduct for the committing of such acts, by facilitating another to travel abroad.
The man was taken to a south London police station, where he was later bailed to return to on a date in late December, pending further enquiries.
A search at the residential address – the location of which police haven’t revealed – has been completed.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year