Terrorist suspect from Hackney released on bail
- Credit: Archant
A terrorism suspect arrested at an address in Hackney yesterday has been bailed by police.
Officers detained the 21-year-old at around 6am at an unknown location in the borough.
He was arrested on suspicion of assisting another to commit acts of terrorism, or to engage in any conduct for the committing of such acts, by facilitating another to travel abroad.
The man was taken to a south London police station, where he was later bailed to return to on a date in late December, pending further enquiries.
A search at the residential address – the location of which police haven’t revealed – has been completed.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 3 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 4 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 5 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 6 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 7 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 10 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems