Terrorist suspect from Hackney released on bail
- Credit: Archant
A terrorism suspect arrested at an address in Hackney yesterday has been bailed by police.
Officers detained the 21-year-old at around 6am at an unknown location in the borough.
He was arrested on suspicion of assisting another to commit acts of terrorism, or to engage in any conduct for the committing of such acts, by facilitating another to travel abroad.
The man was taken to a south London police station, where he was later bailed to return to on a date in late December, pending further enquiries.
A search at the residential address – the location of which police haven’t revealed – has been completed.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 9 Hackney author tells how a mysterious death mask links to a well known invention
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service