Thief caught on CCTV stealing bike wheel from outside London Fields business hub
- Credit: Archant
A businessman was left seething after the front wheel of his bike was stolen from outside his office in London Fields.
Konark Ogra was working in the Allia Future Business Centre in London Lane yesterday morning when a crook approached the bike rack and took his wheel.
Konark was told about the theft at about 9.30am, 15 minutes after it happened, and ran outside but the perpetrator had gone.
He reported it to police and has also posted CCTV footage from outside the building online in the hope of catching the thief.
“I’ve only recently moved to London and people had warned me about things like this happening, but I didn’t think it would happen,” he told the Gazette. “I feel for bad for this guy you know, this country has so much to offer you, so why would you resort to stealing?”
You may also want to watch:
Konark, who runs Rural Homemade, helping artisans in rural areas around the world network, has had to spend more than £100 on new gear for his bike.
Scotland Yard said no arrests had been made and enquiries were ongoing. Anyone with information can call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 9 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate