Thief caught on CCTV stealing bike wheel from outside London Fields business hub
- Credit: Archant
A businessman was left seething after the front wheel of his bike was stolen from outside his office in London Fields.
Konark Ogra was working in the Allia Future Business Centre in London Lane yesterday morning when a crook approached the bike rack and took his wheel.
Konark was told about the theft at about 9.30am, 15 minutes after it happened, and ran outside but the perpetrator had gone.
He reported it to police and has also posted CCTV footage from outside the building online in the hope of catching the thief.
“I’ve only recently moved to London and people had warned me about things like this happening, but I didn’t think it would happen,” he told the Gazette. “I feel for bad for this guy you know, this country has so much to offer you, so why would you resort to stealing?”
You may also want to watch:
Konark, who runs Rural Homemade, helping artisans in rural areas around the world network, has had to spend more than £100 on new gear for his bike.
Scotland Yard said no arrests had been made and enquiries were ongoing. Anyone with information can call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art