Thieves steal guitars and cash from newly-opened ’50s rock ‘n’ roll pub Be-Bop-A-Lula in Green Lanes
- Credit: Be-Bop- A-Lula, in Stoke Newington
Bosses at a brand new ’50s-themed rock ‘n’ roll pub are smarting after thieves broke in and stole guitars and cash one week after it opened its doors.
Be-Bop-A-Lula only launched in Green Lanes at the start of the month at what used to be the old Winnicott boozer.
It was taken over by the team behind movie-themed pub The Alma in Newington Green and the Hitchcock inspired North by Northwest in New North Road.
Months were spent kitting out the venue with a Wurlitzer jukebox, slot machines, wall-to-wall memorabilia and a rack of 30 guitars which have been pinned above the bar.
But after closing time on Friday night two of the instruments were stolen, along with an iPod and a small amount of cash.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve just opened,” said manager Wesley Deaton. “And somebody has taken a cheap shot and broken in. It’s horrible, we’re disgusted and very upset. After all the effort and work we have put in it feels like a bit of a slap in the face.”
Wesley said the break-in had taken the wind out of their sails after a good start for the pub, which serves diner food including the “famous Elvis sandwich” – mashed banana, peanut butter and bacon.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 5 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 8 How you can get free pizza at a Hoxton restaurant
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
Police are investigating the burglary. Anyone with information can email email@example.com.