Third man arrested following fatal Hackney stabbing
Detectives investigating the fatal stabbing in Lea View House, Jessam Avenue, Upper Clapton last night have arrested a third man this afternoon.
The 21-year-old man was arrested in the Clapton area on suspicion of murder and taken into custody at a north London police station where he remains.
Police said they were called to a flat in Lea View House, Jessam Avenue, at 9.10pm last night and found a 30-year-old suffering from stab wounds.
The man, who is yet to be formally identified, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination has been scheduled for Monday May 6 at Poplar Mortuary.
You may also want to watch:
An argument had taken place between the three men outside the north-east London address at about 4pm yesterday evening, according to police.
Two men were arrested on suspicion of murder last night, including a 29-year-old, who is currently hospitalised also with stab wounds but in a stable condition.
- 1 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 2 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
The other, 45, is in custody, police said.
An incident room has opened under Det Ch Insp Neale Baldock of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
Officers are appealing for anyone who was in the area of Jessam Avenue between 3pm and 9pm yesterday to come forward. Contact police on 0208 345 1570.
To remain anonymous can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.