Three dogs die ‘after being poisoned’ in Hackney Downs
- Credit: Archant
Professional dog trainers have warned of an alarming spate of dog deaths due to poisonings in a Hackney park.
Three dogs are reported to have died in Hackney Downs after eating bread and dog treats laced with rat poison.
The Alpha Dog Training Group, ran by Sue & Ceri Evans, have warned dog walkers to remain vigilant.
It said: “We have heard reports of dogs being poisoned in Hackney Downs. There are spates of dog poisonings from time to time in the area.
“We are unsure whether somebody is doing it intentionally or whether they are trying to kill foxes.
You may also want to watch:
“We advise dog walkers in the area to play close attention to their pets.”
This has occurred at Hackney Downs in the past. In 2016, a bull terrier died after eating bread laced with poison.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase