Three dogs die ‘after being poisoned’ in Hackney Downs
- Credit: Archant
Professional dog trainers have warned of an alarming spate of dog deaths due to poisonings in a Hackney park.
Three dogs are reported to have died in Hackney Downs after eating bread and dog treats laced with rat poison.
The Alpha Dog Training Group, ran by Sue & Ceri Evans, have warned dog walkers to remain vigilant.
It said: “We have heard reports of dogs being poisoned in Hackney Downs. There are spates of dog poisonings from time to time in the area.
“We are unsure whether somebody is doing it intentionally or whether they are trying to kill foxes.
You may also want to watch:
“We advise dog walkers in the area to play close attention to their pets.”
This has occurred at Hackney Downs in the past. In 2016, a bull terrier died after eating bread laced with poison.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 8 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers