Three dogs die ‘after being poisoned’ in Hackney Downs
- Credit: Archant
Professional dog trainers have warned of an alarming spate of dog deaths due to poisonings in a Hackney park.
Three dogs are reported to have died in Hackney Downs after eating bread and dog treats laced with rat poison.
The Alpha Dog Training Group, ran by Sue & Ceri Evans, have warned dog walkers to remain vigilant.
It said: “We have heard reports of dogs being poisoned in Hackney Downs. There are spates of dog poisonings from time to time in the area.
“We are unsure whether somebody is doing it intentionally or whether they are trying to kill foxes.
You may also want to watch:
“We advise dog walkers in the area to play close attention to their pets.”
This has occurred at Hackney Downs in the past. In 2016, a bull terrier died after eating bread laced with poison.
- 1 Hackney is one of the least vaccinated places in the UK for Covid, according to latest data
- 2 New cycle and pedestrian route to transform Hackney Wick
- 3 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 4 Do you remember this blazing inferno on the Regent's Canal?
- 5 Anti-LTN campaigners’ appeal triumph paves way for judicial review
- 6 Hoxton church offers people a "place to face feelings" after year of Covid
- 7 Primary schools near red routes face toxic "illegal" air pollution, study says
- 8 Hackney singer-songwriter ARLO signs major record deal
- 9 Covid-19: What can you now do with lockdown eased from March 29?
- 10 Video: Young girls and women victimised while walking in Stamford Hill