Three hunted dangerous criminals have Hackney links - including alleged teenage rapist
- Credit: Archant
The Met has launched an operation today to hunt down allegedly dangerous foreign criminals, three of whom have links with Hackney - including a man wanted for raping a teenager.
Krzysztof Pedzik, Serhat Aslan and Evaldas Rabikauskas are among 18 high-risk offenders being sought by the extradition unit in Operation Sunfire.
It is believed the foreign nationals – who are wanted by other countries in Europe - are currently in the UK.
Evaldas Rabikauskas, 29, is wanted by Lithuania where it is alleged that he raped an intoxicated female teenager in a house in 2007.
Krzysztof Pedzik, 25, is wanted in Poland to serve a 17-month jail sentence for a robbery in 2006 during which the victim was threatened with violence. He is also wanted for burglary in Tottenham and Hendon.
Meanwhile Serhat Aslan, 26 has links with Stoke Newington and is wanted in connection with the fatal stabbing of a 19-year old man in Turkey in 2004 following an argument.
This is the third time that the Met has run Operation Sunfire to trace and arrest murderers, violent robbers, drug traffickers and other criminals, and put them before the extradition courts to face justice abroad.
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 3 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 4 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 5 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 6 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 7 'It was like a scene from a movie': Hackney man facing jail for 2017 shooting
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 10 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
Anyone with information on their whereabouts is asked to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.