Three injured in Hackney ‘noxious substance’ attack
- Credit: Archant
Two men aged 22 and 27 and a 17-year-old boy have been injured in a noxious substance attack during a vicious fight between two groups in Hackney.
Police described the incident in Shacklewell Lane at around 5.20am on Sunday as a “particularly vicious and unpleasant”
The extend of the victim’s injuries has yet to be confirmed by police who have appealed for any other victims to come forward.
Officers believe more people may have been injured in the large altercation involving two groups of males at the Shacklewell Lane junction with Alvington Crescent and appealed for witnesses, especially those with mobile phone footage, to contact them.
Det Sgt Quinn Cutler said: “This is a particularly vicious and unpleasant incident which has left a number of people with potentially lasting injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“I know that a number of people witnessed this incident and I urge those people to come forward and share their information and/or footage with police.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Hackney CID on 07825 793 215 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 6 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 7 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 8 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 9 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 10 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods