Three injured in Hackney ‘noxious substance’ attack
- Credit: Archant
Two men aged 22 and 27 and a 17-year-old boy have been injured in a noxious substance attack during a vicious fight between two groups in Hackney.
Police described the incident in Shacklewell Lane at around 5.20am on Sunday as a “particularly vicious and unpleasant”
The extend of the victim’s injuries has yet to be confirmed by police who have appealed for any other victims to come forward.
Officers believe more people may have been injured in the large altercation involving two groups of males at the Shacklewell Lane junction with Alvington Crescent and appealed for witnesses, especially those with mobile phone footage, to contact them.
Det Sgt Quinn Cutler said: “This is a particularly vicious and unpleasant incident which has left a number of people with potentially lasting injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“I know that a number of people witnessed this incident and I urge those people to come forward and share their information and/or footage with police.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Hackney CID on 07825 793 215 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs