Thug ram raided police car with mobility scooter
- Credit: Archant
A thug who ram raided a Hackney police car with his mobility scooter and then bit an officer on the hand has been fined.
Anthony Walker, 31, smashed a window at the Princess of Wales public house, just after 1am on Sunday, October 19.
A witness claimed he had smashed the window in a temper because he couldn’t find the keys to the scooter.
Police were called to the pub in Leabridge Road, Lower Clapton, to find Walker was agitated when they tried to talk with him.
He then drove his mobility scooter towards them and collided with the rear bumper of their marked police car.
You may also want to watch:
As he was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage to a window and to the police car, he spat at and bit the hand of the arresting officer, who was treated at hospital.
Walker, of Louisa Oakes Close, Chingford, pleaded guilty to criminal damage and assaulting a police officer when he appeared at Thames Magistrates Court on Monday October 20.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
He was fined £150 and ordered to pay £40 costs for assaulting a police officer and fined £150 and ordered to pay £100 costs for criminal damage to the window.