Thug ram raided police car with mobility scooter
- Credit: Archant
A thug who ram raided a Hackney police car with his mobility scooter and then bit an officer on the hand has been fined.
Anthony Walker, 31, smashed a window at the Princess of Wales public house, just after 1am on Sunday, October 19.
A witness claimed he had smashed the window in a temper because he couldn’t find the keys to the scooter.
Police were called to the pub in Leabridge Road, Lower Clapton, to find Walker was agitated when they tried to talk with him.
He then drove his mobility scooter towards them and collided with the rear bumper of their marked police car.
You may also want to watch:
As he was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage to a window and to the police car, he spat at and bit the hand of the arresting officer, who was treated at hospital.
Walker, of Louisa Oakes Close, Chingford, pleaded guilty to criminal damage and assaulting a police officer when he appeared at Thames Magistrates Court on Monday October 20.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 "Horrific" extent of River Lea plastic pollution at Hackney Marshes
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
He was fined £150 and ordered to pay £40 costs for assaulting a police officer and fined £150 and ordered to pay £100 costs for criminal damage to the window.