Triple Dalston shooting: Man shot in the head left fighting for his life
- Credit: Archant
A man is fighting for his life after being shot in the head in a triple shooting in Dalston last night.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to come forward following the incident on Middleton Road.
Police were called at about 9.15pm on Monday night, and found three men in their 20s injured at the scene.
The victims are believed to have been travelling in a vehicle along Middleton Road when shots were fired from another vehicle, which then sped away, according to Scotland Yard.
One of the men was taken to hospital with a head injury and remains in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
The two other men were also taken to hospital with minor injuries.
Det Insp Matthew Webb, from Trident's specialist crime north, which is investigating, said: "This was a horrendous incident as a result of a firearms discharge on our streets.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 5 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 8 How you can get free pizza at a Hoxton restaurant
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
"We need the help of our communities to bring these suspects to justice and would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the shooting - or saw a vehicle being driven erratically in the area at the time."
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC, quoting CAD 7439/14Dec.
Alternatively contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
A woman is still recovering in hospital after being shot nearby in London Fields three weeks ago.
Police believe the “innocent bystander” may have been caught in gangland crossfire during the filming of a music video.