Alleged organiser of illegal Hackney music event faces £10,000 fine
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
The alleged organiser of an illegal music event held during lockdown is facing a £10,000 fine.
Officers were called to Trowbridge Road, Hackney, at 3am on February 7 after members of the public reported hearing loud music and seeing more than 30 people gathered near Trowbridge Gardens.
On arrival, police say they found a crowd of people around two stacked shipping containers in breach of Covid regulations.
Two officers on the scene say they asked people to leave but, given the numbers present, did not take enforcement action at the time.
An investigation was launched to track down the event organiser.
On March 2, an alleged organiser was reported for consideration of a £10,000 fine.
Ch Insp Pete Shaw, from the Hackney and Tower Hamlets policing area, said: “I hope this hefty fine demonstrates that we will not tolerate blatant breaches of the rules that are in place to keep everyone safe."
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney