Turnpike Lane murder victim from Hackney
A 32-year-old man from Hackney died in the street after two gunmen opened fire on a car he was sitting in last Wednesday afternoon (February 1).
Turkish national Ali Armagan managed to get out of the vehicle outside Turnpike Lane, but he collapsed on the pavement and was pronounced dead at the scene after a fatal gunshot wound to his neck.
Two men had approached the rear of his car in Langham Road and fired between six to eight shots before making off on foot.
Detectives from Operation Trident, which investigates gun crime in the black community, have appealed for witnesses and information.
Det Chief Insp Kenny McDonald, said: “This incident took place outside Turnpike Lane underground station during a busy period of the day.
You may also want to watch:
“I would appeal to anyone who witnessed this incident, or has seen anything in the build-up to this incident, to contact my team. You may hold vital information that could assist the investigation.”
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8733 4211 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed