Turnpike Lane murder victim from Hackney
A 32-year-old man from Hackney died in the street after two gunmen opened fire on a car he was sitting in last Wednesday afternoon (February 1).
Turkish national Ali Armagan managed to get out of the vehicle outside Turnpike Lane, but he collapsed on the pavement and was pronounced dead at the scene after a fatal gunshot wound to his neck.
Two men had approached the rear of his car in Langham Road and fired between six to eight shots before making off on foot.
Detectives from Operation Trident, which investigates gun crime in the black community, have appealed for witnesses and information.
Det Chief Insp Kenny McDonald, said: “This incident took place outside Turnpike Lane underground station during a busy period of the day.
You may also want to watch:
“I would appeal to anyone who witnessed this incident, or has seen anything in the build-up to this incident, to contact my team. You may hold vital information that could assist the investigation.”
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8733 4211 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 8 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction