Turnpike Lane murder victim from Hackney
A 32-year-old man from Hackney died in the street after two gunmen opened fire on a car he was sitting in last Wednesday afternoon (February 1).
Turkish national Ali Armagan managed to get out of the vehicle outside Turnpike Lane, but he collapsed on the pavement and was pronounced dead at the scene after a fatal gunshot wound to his neck.
Two men had approached the rear of his car in Langham Road and fired between six to eight shots before making off on foot.
Detectives from Operation Trident, which investigates gun crime in the black community, have appealed for witnesses and information.
Det Chief Insp Kenny McDonald, said: “This incident took place outside Turnpike Lane underground station during a busy period of the day.
You may also want to watch:
“I would appeal to anyone who witnessed this incident, or has seen anything in the build-up to this incident, to contact my team. You may hold vital information that could assist the investigation.”
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8733 4211 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 3 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 8 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing