Man arrested on suspicion of Zakaria Bukar Sharif-Ali’s murder
- Credit: MPS
Police investigating the killing of a father as he tried to defuse a row outside a bar in Shoreditch have arrested a man.
Zakaria Bukar Sharif-Ali, 26, died after he was stabbed in the abdomen outside the Rolling Stock bar in Kingsland Road on November 24.
A 35-year-old man was arrested a week ago (Thu) on suspicion of murder and violent disorder.
He has been bailed until mid-April.
An 18-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and has also been bailed.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Rita Tierney, leading the investigation, said: “Zakaria was attacked following a night out. After leaving the Rolling Stock bar, he tried to intervene in an altercation taking place outside. He was attempting to calm the incident and was stabbed as a result.
“There will be people who witnessed the incident or have information concerning the identity of the suspects.”
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 3 De Beauvoir residents to vote on estate regeneration in planning policy dry run
- 4 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 5 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 6 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 7 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 8 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 9 Hackney lawyer's death inspires fundraising blitz for domestic abuse victims
- 10 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.