Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Two teenagers were were arrested and released on bail following a stabbing in Hackney.
Police were called to Shrubland Road on May 9 at around 4.15pm.
Officers attended and found a 16-year-old boy suffering a head injury. He was taken to hospital and has since been discharged.
The stabbing was one of two incidents which led to a Section 60 authority being put in place across the entire borough the following day.
This authority allows officers to stop and search anyone in a designated area for a specified time period without suspicion.
A Section 60 can be granted if police need to search for evidence of a crime, or if intelligence suggests a possible threat to the public.
A 15-year-old and 16-year-old were arrested on May 12 following the stabbing.
They have been released on bail to a date in June.
- 1 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 2 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 4 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 5 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 6 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 7 Pole thrown on railway tracks 'caused over 11 hours of delays'
- 8 The three strikes and protests hitting Hackney this week
- 9 Plea date set for teen charged with broad daylight stabbing
- 10 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton