Patrick Anzy: Two arrests in Dalston fatal shooting investigation
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives investigating the fatal shooting of Patrick Anzy have made two arrests.
A 14 year-old boy and 25 year-old man were arrested today (May 13) on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder. Both are in custody.
The investigation was launched after police were called to reports of shots being fired in Gillett Square, Dalston, just before 1am on Saturday, May 8.
Officers attended and found Patrick seriously injured. The 31 year-old was pronounced dead at the scene despite the efforts of the emergency services.
The next of kin have been informed but formal identification awaits. A post-mortem examination took place on Tuesday, May 11. It confirmed the cause of death as gunshot injuries.
Det Insp Andy McDonald said: "This investigation is making progress, evidenced by these arrests, but I am still very keen to speak to anyone who was in the Gillett Square area at the time of the shooting."
He added at the time of the fatal shooting there may have been a number of people around who might have seen or heard something.
You may also want to watch:
"Any information, no matter how small, could prove to be crucial to this investigation and help secure some justice for Patrick's family," Det Insp McDonald said.
Anyone with information or any witnesses should call 101. To remain anonymous contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 2 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 3 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours: Hackney man's vital vaccine work honoured
- 6 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 7 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 8 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 9 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney flat block damaged as 25 firefighters respond to barbecue blaze