Two arrests made in Finsbury Park rape investigation
- Credit: PA
Detectives investigating an allegation of rape in the Finsbury Park area have arrested two men.
A 24-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday and a 25-year-old man was arrested yesterday, both on suspicion of rape.
They were taken to east London police stations and have been released on bail to return next month.
The alleged victim left a pub in Finsbury Park with two men on July 15 last year, and she claims they walked for a short time before she was attacked.
She is being supported by specialist officers, according to Scotland Yard, and the investigation is ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Tweet @MetCC quoting 3082/19Aug20.
To remain anonymous contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers_uk.org.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school